Greenstone Partners, a commercial real estate brokerage firm, has expanded its brokerage team with the additions of Jordan Multack and Malek Abdulsamad. Both Multack and Abdulsamad join the Greenstone team as Directors, and Multack is the first hire for the Greenstone Partners multifamily division.
Multack brings a career transaction volume of $100 million to the firm with experience brokering multifamily and mixed-use opportunities in Chicago ranging from 5 units to 100 units. He is known for his market presence in Logan Square, Wicker Park and West Town and focuses throughout the core neighborhoods of Chicago. Prior to joining Greenstone, Multack was a Director at Essex Realty Group for five years. Multack graduated from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
“Jordan will be a key driver of our multifamily division,” said Danny Spitz, CEO and Managing Partner at Greenstone. “Greenstone’s approach is client centric so bringing Jordan onto the team as it expands into multifamily is a perfect fit for our clients. His keen relationship focus and knowledge of the Chicagoland area will provide our clients with the local market expertise they expect from our firm.”
Abdulsamad, previously of Compass, completed his education in architecture and urban planning in addition to being a real estate broker. At Greenstone, he focuses on investment sales in various asset classes throughout Chicago’s core neighborhoods.
“The foundation of Greenstone Partners is built on providing clients with superior service and unparalleled value,” added Jason St. John, Managing Partner at Greenstone. “Malek’s depth of experience is just that - unparalleled. We’re excited about the momentum Malek brings to Greenstone and look forward to seeing him succeed as a broker in multiple asset classes.”
Abdulsamad is a member of the American Planning Association and is an IL Award recipient. He holds a master's degree in Urban Planning and Policy from the University of Illinois at Chicago.
In addition to Multack and Abdulsamad, Graphic Designer Paulina Ryt also joins Greenstone Partners this month to assist the firm with its growing marketing needs. Ryt is a Columbia College of Chicago graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and a minor in Motion Graphics. They specialize in producing print and digital marketing materials, as well as branding. In their role, they will assist the brokerage firm with creating marketing materials for each listing and closing. Previously, Ryt was chosen to be Creative Director for Columbia’s Annual Manifest Urban Arts Festival where they rebranded the event, developed collateral items, and created a website for showcases and live events to be hosted.
Greenstone Partners' multidisciplinary approach maximizes opportunities for its client base, procuring the highest and most qualified offers. In 2021, nearly three-quarters of Greenstone Partners' closings were sold to out-of-state or international investors. The firm's proprietary database has secured 91% of its buyers to date. Clients include but are not limited to: public and private REITs, private high-net-worth investors, foreign investment funds, financial institutions and business operators. Recent notable transactions include:
- 400 and 401 North Morgan St., Chicago | Two properties in Fulton Market totaling 83,000 square feet of leasable space along with 75,000 square feet of land sold for $32 million. Tenants include Alinea restaurant group and Morgan Manufacturing.
- North Shore Flex Portfolio | The five-building, 250,000-square-foot multi-tenant flex portfolio located at 8109-8127 Central Park Ave., 7231-7315 St. Louis Ave., 8100-8142 N. Monticello Ave., 8111 St. Louis Ave., and 8042-8052 N. Monticello Ave. in North Shore, Illinois sold for $20.3 million.
- 108 West Germania Place, Chicago | A 49,000-square-foot multi-tenant building home to the Van Gogh Immersive Experience sold for $15.25 million. Germania Place, built in 1889 is a City of Chicago landmark and was previously the home of Chicago’s German Club for nearly 100 years.
- 7250 East 90th St., Indianapolis | The FedEx Express occupied, 89,004-square-foot industrial property sold above listing price to a REIT investment fund.
- Naperville Office Portfolio | During the height of the pandemic, the three-building multi-tenant, 103,000-square-foot office portfolio located at 1560 Wall St., 1548 Bond St., and 1979 Mill St., in Naperville, Illinois sold.
To learn more about Greenstone Partners, visit www.Greenstone-Partners.com.